Herb Crusted Rack of Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
MENU
Twice Baked Potatoes
Salad
Smoked Apples with Ice Cream

Picked up two fresh bone-in racks of pork loin, trimmed them up and Frenched the bones, then trussed them with twine.
Wet brined for 16 hours and then rubbed with a savory blend of herbs and spices.
Smoked over mesquite at 275°-300° to an IT of 140°.

VA8XH42.jpg

qAoPKx4.jpg

VYHDOd4.jpg

ffQpj1x.jpg

JBT0LQa.jpg

ZbUmWa4.jpg

Twice Baked Potatoes
Baked tater skins filled with a wonderful loaded mash.
Mash had fresh grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese,crumbled bacon, sauteed minced onion and garlic, heavy cream, butter and salt.
Topped with Havarti cheese and Cajun spice and broiled to a cheesy Nirvana.

These stole the show!
So rich, creamy and cheesy, just damned good!

QT49rqF.jpg

Baked Apples with Ice Cream

These differed from the linked recipe in that they had crushed Praline Pecans and Raisins.

GiJ0and.jpg

Kx6bcew.jpg

PGgSWK2.jpg

The Money Shot

viVavVN.jpg

Last edited:
DANGIT your agonna cause me to gain all the weight back I have lost in the last year just looking at your pictures lmao

I’ll take a plate of that please! Looks awesome, glad to see you back posting John.

Like!

Wow John....you've been busy as heck and not had a lot of time in the forum but when you come back, you damned sure do make a statement!! That looks nothing short of incredible my friend!! Excellent meal and as always, a beautiful presentation!!

LIKE!!
Robert

What a great cook resulting in a beautiful meal. I do have one small concern though... the scoop of ice cream is way too small! Lol

Johnny Ray

Awesome meal quite worthy of white tablecloth and fine china. However, l’d love to grab that loin chop by the meat handle and ravage it like a barbarian!

That's awesome! What a great meal! I cant ever find whole racks like that . ive always wanted to do one. Yours is without a doubt beautifully done! Once again great job!

All looks spectacular Chile!! I’d eat a couple plates for sure. I’ve seen a few of these pork racks lately, may have to give it a go.

John that looks good!! I am doing baked apples for tonight.
Richie
Thanks Richie,
baked apples are so tasty.
I've one or two left, think I'll go eat one.
Excellent meal! The pork must have been darn tasty!
Yes'sir Steve. mighty darn tasty al'right... And I've plenty of leftovers to enjoy too.
Thanks man.
DANGIT your agonna cause me to gain all the weight back I have lost in the last year just looking at your pictures lmao
LOL... Thanks Mike.
I’ll take a plate of that please! Looks awesome, glad to see you back posting John.

Like!
Thanks Joe, leftovers galore, come and get it.
I'm gonna be scarce till after the New Year, just too much going on.

Wow John....you've been busy as heck and not had a lot of time in the forum but when you come back, you damned sure do make a statement!! That looks nothing short of incredible my friend!! Excellent meal and as always, a beautiful presentation!!

LIKE!!
Robert
Congrats on the carousel ride Chile!! Much deserved sir.

Robert
A man should always make a good entrance regardless of where and when.
Thanks Robert, appreciate the compliments and Likes.
Still busy as hell, not gonna be around much till sometime in the New Year.
The carousel ride was really unexpected.
What a great cook resulting in a beautiful meal. I do have one small concern though... the scoop of ice cream is way too small! Lol

Johnny Ray
Thanks Johnny, very kind.
Yeah, Ilike a bit more ice cream too, but a quart divided eight ways doesn't go too far.
Wow!
What a meal!
Those chops look awesome!!
Al
Appreciate it Al, thanks man.

Here, here! Well deserved!
Thanks again.

Awesome meal quite worthy of white tablecloth and fine china. However, l’d love to grab that loin chop by the meat handle and ravage it like a barbarian!
Yes'sir, thank you, that's the way I ate the first one whilst still at the cutting board.
And I gnawed the bone to get every last delicious scrap off too.
That's awesome! What a great meal! I cant ever find whole racks like that . ive always wanted to do one. Yours is without a doubt beautifully done! Once again great job!
Too kind with your words, flattery will get you everywhere... LOL!
Thank you kindly, greatly appreciated,
Fantastic as always . Pork's cooked perfect .
Thank you Chopsaw, I strive to bring only my best Q to the boards, glad ya approve.
Dang! They should put those pics in Southern Living Magazine. Beautiful racks. Can you share the ingredients for the brine? Very nice Chop.
HAWG
Aw schucks, you're gonna make me blush... Thank you so much.
But of course, simple as it gets, 1c Kosher salt per gallon of water.

Reactions: Hawging It
Wow, top notch GOOD EATS! What was in the herb spice mixture?

Matt

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky