Hen of the woods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LakeErieSMKR

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 29, 2020
Toledo OH
Found these on the edge of the woods today IMG_0929.jpeg IMG_0932.jpeg Going to trim them up and par fry them,have a few tonight and freeze the rest

Last edited:
Man those are huge. Just saw your from Toledo, I grew up in Rossford my dad grew up in Toledo and went to Whitmer!

Found these on the edge of the woods todayView attachment 677635View attachment 677634 Going to trim them up and par fry them,have a few tonight and freeze the rest
Nice find. Last time I got a hen of the woods, I made a big batch of pasta sauce with it, cream, and walnuts (also coming on this time of year). Turned out good. No recipe to share. Just kind of tossed it together.

Nice find. Last time I got a hen of the woods, I made a big batch of pasta sauce with it, cream, and walnuts (also coming on this time of year). Turned out good. No recipe to share. Just kind of tossed it together.
I've only had them fried, but after reading yours and clifish's preparations I'm going to give both ways a shot

Reactions: clifish
Beautiful! We've been finding bi color boletes and king boletes lately. Awesome bounty!
Boletes are on the top of my list to identify and try. I don’t come across many of them around here and I’m really careful when trying a new species

It rained a lot here last night, and what do you know! Found this baby in the back woods today. It was about 3.24 lbs when I weighed it. Not huge as far as these things go, but that's still a lot of mushroom.

Attachments

• 20231006_180454.jpg
    20231006_180454.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky