HeMan Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a hearty soup and pretty easy to see where it got the name.
Never had hamburger soup growing up that I recall.
Now hamburger hotdish I got at home, church suppers, and school. Same concept just much thicker to serve on a plate instead of a bowl.
All great comfort food.
Well done.

not much for smoking in this meal, except i had ground up some leftover pork roast that i had smoked for a short time and made that into sandwich meat with pickles and miracle whip. i forgot to get a picture of the sandwich i made with that.
I have tried using smoked meat in soups including smoked meatballs in my version of minestrone and I just don't care for the flavor. I think it violates my comfort food rules.
I only like a bit of smoked meat flavor in chili, too.

Reactions: tbern
That is a hearty soup and pretty easy to see where it got the name.
Never had hamburger soup growing up that I recall.
Now hamburger hotdish I got at home, church suppers, and school. Same concept just much thicker to serve on a plate instead of a bowl.
All great comfort food.
Well done.

I have tried using smoked meat in soups including smoked meatballs in my version of minestrone and I just don't care for the flavor. I think it violates my comfort food rules.
I only like a bit of smoked meat flavor in chili, too.
Thanks John! Lol, I love hamburger hot dish too. Another Minnesota/Midwest staple.
Yes, no smoked meat in the soup,except for the store bought bacon, just in the sandwich meat I had with it.

wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave me likes on this post! very kind and i appreciate all of your comments and ideas!

Man oh man, you have gotten a lot of traction with this thread, and understandable so.

I decided to add 1/2 cup of orzo about 30 minutes before we were ready to eat. We love that stuff!!

All done and the sloppy pot shot.
01.jpg

A big bowl full garnished with parsley and served with some cheesy garlic toast.
02.jpg

And of course the close up shot.
03.jpg

Man this stuff was good!! Hearty, filling, and true comfort food to warm the soul.

Robert

Robert, yours looks amazing and delicious!! Thanks for sharing it!
I appreciate the kind words and the accolades but it is me who should be thanking you. That stuff is amazing and I'd have never made it if you had not done the thread.

Robert

Reactions: tbern
You guys need to stop
I'm starving
to tired to cook tonight and no good leftovers
Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky