Help needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dman4505

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Need tips on smoking some pork steaks, we usually pan fry or grill them but I'd like to try smoking them this time. Wondering what temp and for how long to smoke them for?

Don

Smoke them at around 225-240 degrees for 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the tenderness level you are looking for. They will get more tender as the temperature of the meat goes up. You can also cook them to around 165 degrees internal them wrap them in foil and place them back on the smoker for 30 minutes or so to super tenderize them.

I am usually looking for an internal meat temperature of around 180-185 degrees on my pork steaks. I rub them with mustard and my rub before they go on the grate. I sometimes slather them with my sauce 15 minutes or so before them come off the grate if the family wants them that way.

They are delicious either way.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, the wife and I were thinking along those same lines so it looks like it's a go for doing some pork steaks tonight. I'll try and get some pics up of the process and a report on how they turn out.

Don

here's the results of my first attempt at pork steaks and corn on the cob. turned out pretty good or so everyone said. Got the smoker from Cabela's Bargain Cave where I work, received dented so we couldn't put it on the floor still works great no problem with the door seal.
e648b5de__MG_0767.jpg
1ee7b6fa__MG_0769.jpg
26856750__MG_0768.jpg
bd32d0ce__MG_0770.jpg

Ohhh... you bacon-wrapped that corn, didn't you? I LOVE that trick, thank you Paula Deen! ;)

Looks great!

Cheers!

-Princess
yes I did, though the bacon didn't crisp up like I thought it would they still tasted great.

thanks everyone for the comments had fun doing these, next up is cornish game hens

Don 

The last time I did it, I threw the corn in the microwave for like... three minutes? It drained off some of the grease, and it was still flexible enough to wrap around the corn. It got much much crispier and the corn wasn't at all soggy. I also seasoned the corn with Lawery's first. Ooooh! So good!

yes I did, though the bacon didn't crisp up like I thought it would they still tasted great.

thanks everyone for the comments had fun doing these, next up is cornish game hens

Don 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky