HELP! MES not putting out smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

I gave up on the electric last night.  I talked to Masterbuilt today and they said that the heating element should *touch* the chip tray and that I should bend the element up to touch it.

What size tube do most people use?

Thanks for all the input.

John
IMO, I would go with the 12" Tube. That will give you twice the smoke time.

The 18" is probably longer than your smoker's depth, and would limit the places you could put it in the smoker.

Bear

I use the 12-inch one. It fits depth-wise in the MES. The 18-inch only fits length-wise. I either place it on top of the water tray (filled with clay, sand, or salt and wrapped in foil), or wrap part of the bottom rack with heavy duty foil and set it on there. Most times, I use the bottom rack. After about a dozen uses, I wouldn't go back to chips. With the right pellets, it provides the best results. 

Here's recent thread about someone getting started with a MES. It may be of interest.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/159329/mes-30-smoker-newbie-how-often-do-you-need-to-put-in-wood-chips#post_1155984

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky