Help me

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love salt but Miss Linda not so much. I just cut way back on the salt in my rubs and brine so she's happy and add salt to mine when I plste it.
I've trief Mrs Dash and just plain don't like it.
Gary

LOL---I tried Mrs Dash too---That's some awful Bland stuff!!
Kinda like pulverized cardboard.IMO

Bear

Simple answer is "Happy Wife = Happy Life" Cut out or reduce the salts in your rubs. If you are buying store bought rub start making your own. You can easily adjust the salt to your own/her taste. It's a win-win, you get to keep the smoking habit & she will like it again. Have the wife help with the rub recipe. You never know till you try it...
Craig

Yep, SWMBO'D is sensitive to salt. Wrecks her stomach. I use salt sparingly, then add more to my plate if needed.

You can dry brine, but use a LOT less rub than you see on TV. I barely dust the meat I'm dry brining and it works nicely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky