Help me save my ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wallyrus

Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Doing 3-2-1 method which I've had success with before. I lost track of time and went to long on first part - going 3.5. He's. I was trying to figure out how I should adjust the remaining time, and realized this should have been 2-2-1 since I'm doing baby backs (I've just done spare ribs befor and didn't realize the shorter cooking time). So now that I'm 3.5 in I'm worried about overcoiking - how should I adjust the rest of the cook (how long in foil, how long on smoke). Thanks.

hope you were able to save them......in your situation I would have just cooked them without foiling, personally I prefer not foiling unless it's absolutely necessary. Baby backs aren't overly tough or fatty so I don't foil them anymore(and when I did i only foiled b backs for an hour). Nowadays I prefer them smoked at 250-300 until they pass the bend test, then they're done. Anyway that's just the way I do it. How did yours turn out?

When I did foil baby backs this was the method I used and liked best....2 hours in smoke 225-250 degrees, then foiled for an hour.....take them off the heat and after 10-15 mins open the foil and let them cool until they kinda set and stop leaking juices, meanwhile stoke the smoker up to 325-350 degrees or arrange it for direct grilling if possible with your cooker, pop the cooled ribs back in to reset the bark and sauce if you like sauce. I know it seems like a lot of steps, but it gives good ribs that are easy to bite through without falling off the bone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky