Help me please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sparky

Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Lakewood, Co
I am on a tight budget so I bought a Brinkmann Electric Smoker. I hate it. I wish I didn't buy it. The lid doesn't fit tight, at Colorado winter temps it takes forever. What I am wondering is can I take the pan that holds the Lava rocks and heating element, and put charcoal and wood chunks in it instead? I am starting to become a smoking junkie, but I am disappointed in my choice of smokers.
icon_sad.gif

Sorry ya feel that way bro.....It's a great starter unit, hold's temp's reasonably well and make's great Q
Lid is supposed to fit loose, that's how it vent's, build a wind break and put sand in the pan and it will run 240* in any weather!
If your's has a stock thermo in it, it don't work, get a digital!
Any other question's, just ask.
Also try the search feature.

No temp gauge on it. Guess I will have to get a digital one. The day I first used it it was about 30 degrees out side, no wind. I will keep trying.

I do not use the electric, but as mentioned a wind break will help. Better yet..I use a chunk of natural fiber sisal carpet and WRAP my ECB charcoal unit. Nottightly, of course more a loose drape.

And honestly, I do not see why ya could not dump a few chunks of lit lump into the firepan if ya NEED to after replacing the water with sand..another trick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky