help me please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erinsuggs

Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I am smoking a pork butt on an electric smoker I started it last night and when I woke up the degrees was at 185 I forgot to set an alarm to check it so that was 6hrs and I'm not positive as to the temp in-between those 6hrs I've been trying everything i can to keep the tempature up now to at atleast 225 but it won't go past 190 what do i do is it ruined it's a 9lb pork butt I'm so stressed pls help me!!!

What make and model smoker are you using?

Have you tested your thermometer in boiling water? Should read 212°F

What is the air temperature in the smoker?

Is the 190° the meats internal temperature?

Is long as you keep the meat over 140° it is not ruined

Any pork with an internal temperature has been over 160 is eatable. 

Walta

Reactions: erinsuggs
If it has not been Injected and you are satisfied with the amount of smoke it got, 4 hours +/-, finish it in the Oven. You can add some Apple Juice, Cola or other liquid you like, cover with foil and in a couple of hours at 325°F, you should be good to go. You want the Bone to pull easily and clean and an IT of around 205°F...JJ

Reactions: erinsuggs
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky