• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Help Identify BBQ Sauce Type - Harold's BBQ

bigred77

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 14, 2015
I really hope they are marketing this stuff to HEB
HEB is big on selling local to Texas products, sauces, mixes, foods, etc, that arnt available at any other grocery store
Would love to be able to grab bottles of this stuff on my weekly trips to my local HEB

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
I ordered 10. My two kids took one taste and their faces looked exactly like I expected they would. We went through half a bottle last night.

Translation: I may have made a huge mistake by only ordering 10 bottles.
Just from the way you are talking about this stuff, I ordered 2 bottles plus a bottle of their Rub, different brand. I'm making Ribs tomorrow and will be using this sauce tomorrow. I can't wait. Your excitement level says it all. I'll let you know how it is, and I'm sure I'll be ordering 10 more this week.

Preacher Man

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Just from the way you are talking about this stuff, I ordered 2 bottles plus a bottle of their Rub, different brand. I'm making Ribs tomorrow and will be using this sauce tomorrow. I can't wait. Your excitement level says it all. I'll let you know how it is, and I'm sure I'll be ordering 10 more this week.
I hope I haven't hyped it up too much, haha.

Don't expect a glaze to form out of this unless you add ingredients yourself. It's intended to be pretty runny. Harold used to dunk his buns in the sauce before slapping some brisket on it. He called it "drownded".

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
I'm gonna use it after the Ribs are done the first time. The Mrs. is very picky how I make the Ribs. Have to be the same everytime. So I'll be using on my Ribs after done being cooked. If it's real good, maybe my Ribs will be "drownded". Thanks, I'll definitely let you know tomorrow.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
I hope I haven't hyped it up too much, haha.

Don't expect a glaze to form out of this unless you add ingredients yourself. It's intended to be pretty runny. Harold used to dunk his buns in the sauce before slapping some brisket on it. He called it "drownded".
Tried the Sauce, it was excellent! You didn't over hype it at all. It tasted like a sauce I've had some years ago, can't remember where or when. We've been to Tx once in 2008, maybe then? Not sure, but definitely liked it a lot. Thanks for the info. Now I have to do a Brisket to go along with the sauce, lol.

oldeskooldave

Joined Apr 11, 2020
Just received my order of 5 bottles yesterday, and sorry to say, it isn't the same. Way too tangy/vinegary, and sweeter (maybe the pomegranate?). Going to try to add beef broth or something to see if that helps... Anyway, looks like the real recipe is still a family secret.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.