Help choosing gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll second broilmaster had mine 15 years now. My sister-in-law has a 4 burner Weber I don't care for it they last but the design of it just like a cheap charbroil $200 from Home Depot.

Choosing the best gas grill doesn't have to be hard. Just know what qualities to look for and which features matter to you,
Two are better than one, then why not two burner gas grills? Having the best 2 burner gas grills 2019 at home is actually good if you are inviting many guests to a barbecue party or celebrating something important etc.

For parties, fast cooking is necessary because you have to serve many people at a time. That’s why it is important to have a 2 burner gas grill so you can cook fast and serve the food to maximum people in short time.

Choosing the best gas grill doesn't have to be hard. Just know what qualities to look for and which features matter to you,
Two are better than one, then why not two burner gas grills? Having the best 2 burner gas grills 2019 at home is actually good if you are inviting many guests to a barbecue party or celebrating something important etc.

For parties, fast cooking is necessary because you have to serve many people at a time. That’s why it is important to have a 2 burner gas grill so you can cook fast and serve the food to maximum people in short time.

I ended up buying a Beefeater last spring and couldn’t be happier.

Hi all,

I’m getting ready to buy a new gas grill and can’t decide what to get. I want something that is going to hold decent heat during the winter months, high heat, and even cooking. I’ve narrowed it down to the following choices and each come with their plus’s and minuses and I can’t figure out what the best grill for the money and investment will be. We usually cook a meat plus a veggie when grilling and take up all the space on my current 3 burner and looking at only 4 burners now. Thanks for any help. I ranked my choices below. Also I’m buying a new modern gas grill wsm 18 to go along with my kettle.

3 Weber 410 - $899, cheap, hate the open underneath
1 Napoleon prestige 500 - $1399, cooked on the 3 burnerbefore and liked, but good value? Like that I could use charcoal
4 Weber Genesis 440 - $1599, worth the money for an enclosed underneath
2 Weber Summit 470 - $1899 like the build, expensive, and hate the smoke box, seems like wasted space.

I found some other popular gas grills Char-Broil 300 2-Burner Cart Propane Gas Grill, Thermos 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Thermos 265 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Royal Gourmet 2-Burner Patio Propane Gas Grill, Giantex Propane Tabletop Stainless Steel Gas Grill, Camco Olympian 4500 Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill, Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill , Royal Gourmet Stainless Steel Patio Propane Gas Grill, Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Gas Grill, Giantex Portable Propane Gas Grill. I personally use Royal Gourmet 2-Burner Patio Propane Gas Grill for 2 years.

Last edited:
I would buy a Weber, what ever you can afford.
I've had a Genesis for years & if needed replacement parts are readily available.
Al

Same! Ive had my Weber Genesis for over 10 years and its working like the day I bought it! Great investment for sure.

Hello! we’ve been using this model Durable Outdoor Barbeque & Burger Gas/charcoal Grill for 3 years if I’m not mistaken. We like the ability to combine two types of fuel for grilling. It depends on our mood and what taste of the dish you want to get in the end. We have already prepared over a hundred recipes on our grill and everything turned out deliciously. I found an informative list with similar grills. If you don’t like the same model as ours, then you can choose a different size or price. In this rating, our grill is in 4th place, lol, maybe it’s really worth choosing something better)

I have a Weber Genesis but it was on $700. Grill only - 2 side panels - no burners for pots/pans. Love it. Its my first Weber gas grill and I regret not getting a Weber before I bought this one.

Like @SmokinAl said, parts are available for Weber products at a lot of places.

I picked up the E-410 on clearance at Lowe's for $450 last fall. I have gone back to using my 20 yo Silver B. You just can't get a char using the E-410. I mostly use gas just for steaks. It does work well on chicken and other things where high heat is not needed.

Reactions: bathwalter
Best grill we ever had was a Ducane. We had it for 15 years then one of our sons took it.

After the Ducane came a Napolean - stainless steel, no side burner. It did have the infra-red burner. Cooked well but the bottom rotted out after about 9 years. Its still going with our second son. He replaced the bottom.

We now have a 3 burner Weber Genisis, no side burner. Great grill.

When every I grill, I never have enough room. I have a 20 year old Weber Genesis. I have replace tubes once, ignition twice. I have replaced the flavorer bars at least 4 times. 2 sets of grill grates, my son made the 3rd set out of 304 stainless steel 3/8 rod. This will never rot away. I also have made 2 sets of custom smoke boxes out of hot cold steel.

I have been looking a grills also to retire the old faithful. I always do a 45 minute smoke on everything I grill at about 140degrees. I narrowed the new grills down to the weber 470, or a yoder 640 (ya I know it is a pellet grill). The weber 470 is one the few Weber grills that are made in the USA. I still have another 7 months of saving up money before I pull the trigger. Price is about the same on both grills.

I still do not know if I could part with the the old weber genesis after I replace her. I probably will keep her for just cleaning my smoker grates. She gets up to 600 degrees plus real quickly, makes it a breeze cleaning the racks.

Weber has made some strong grills in the past, and the summit 470, looks like pretty good quality.

I've had a broil king for about 5 years now and it stays outside under a grill cover year round. Not one spot of rust and still going strong.

Soon as I win the lottery I am going to build a huge outdoor kitchen and get a new one!

I'm another who's owned a Broil King for about 8 years and I think it's been a great grill. It's been kept outside but covered most of the time when not in use. It's to the point now I will need to rebuild it or buy new so for $500 and the amount of use I got out of the current one I'm just going to replace it with something equivalent this winter - hoping to find gas grills on sale. I've had no issues with this gas grill so far and we use propane - I fill my own bottles via wet leg on my larger tank :emoji_sunglasses:

I'm in the market too but my Broil King is still cooking & searing as of now.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Weber is best value grill I've ever owned. I have a midrange model with three burners and side burner. I don't remember which model. No bells and whistles but has lasted five years so far. Heat control is excellent, is easy to clean. I use a igrill Bluetooth temp probe for steaks and big cuts of meat.

I used to buy super cheap ones and there is no comparison. I know there are some really expensive brands other than Weber, but I've never felt the need to spend that kind of money.

We grill several times a week in the warm season and whenever we can during winter.

Paid around $400 for the model we have.
You may want to check to see if the cheaper options are available in your area.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky