Hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudslinger1

Original poster
May 26, 2014
Hello, newbie here from Alabama. I've been smoking for about a year in a CharGriller with a side box, using Apple, and Hickory. So far I've just pretty much been winging it depending on time, and the look of the meat only checking the temp towards the end to verify it is done. Trying to refine my techniques, and learn more.

Welcome to the board! Yes there's much to learn around here. Just be warned, people will tease you if you describe your smoking but don't include "q-view" pictures ...

Hi all new to smoking here other than a couple of experiments on my BBQ so I've got lots to learn. Just got a 30"Masterbuilt electric smoker as a gift. As a mater of fact just took it out of the box yesterday. I live in southern Ontario Canada and I'm 61 yrs old

Cold smoking is basically using smoke with little or no additional heat. Cheese, bacon, etc. are candidates for cold smoking. Sometimes cold smoking is the beginning of a smoke process where the heat gets
boosted in increments to get to a finished product.

BTW.... Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and info here. Use the search function or just ask when you have a question. And best of luck with the new smoker.

Reactions: wbakema
Glad you joined. The use of a temp probe is great to help in not over doing it. Plus there are different things you can add or do at different temps for flavor and tenderness. Sounds like things have worked so far. Good luck and you can find all kinds of helpful people and ideas here. Keep smoking LOW AND SLOW.

Reactions: wbakema
welcome1.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum. Great place to learn and share

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky