hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

postalchris

Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
hello my name is Chris and im from Fresno CA. My wife just bought me the Smokehollow Model 47180T, Anyone know if this is good or not? I seasoned the Smoker and the Grill Yesterday and tommorrow im going to wood smoke to %lb Pork Roasts. anyone have any time suggestions? all help is wanted LOL. Please be honest on the Smoker product review. it looked good to me.

Welcome Chris,

i have never used the smoke hollow so i cant give ya a review.

But if you season that butt up w/ your favorite stuff and get it in the fridge overnight tonight and get out there early in the am and get that smoker fired up, get you smoking temp up to around 230° and put those butts on . Smoke till the internal temp of the butts are about 165° then wrap in a layer of heavy foil w/ maybe a 1/2 cup of you favorite fruit juice or beer or white wine in the foil. back on the smoker till the internal meat temp gets to 200°- 210°. pull off the smoker and let rest for 1 hr minimum. open the foil and pull the pork. Get ready to be amazed at what you have just created!!!!

somebody PLEASE correct me if im wrong but i think 1.5 hrs. per lb. is that right, one of my first smokers was a smokehollow it works really well, i would suggest getting a temperture probe cause it didnt seem like i could trust the thermometer on the door, other than that it worked great...also when you adjust the knob for your temperture if u put it on low it wouldnt go low enough to get to 225 so what i did was adjust the knob the opposite way towards off and u can see the flame go down and adjust it down till u get to 225...youll have to play with it till u find it when i found that setting i put a mark there so i could go back to it, enjoy and post some pics of your first smoke...
1d403bc9_smokehollow.jpg

Last edited:
I will post pics .. Thanks for advice but I'm using a wood box what do u mean adjust flames?

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

welcome1.gif

well I started the wood box about 15 minutes ago I will be putting meat on I'n a few. Wish me luck

Welcome Chris,

But if you season that butt up w/ your favorite stuff and get it in the fridge overnight tonight and get out there early in the am and get that smoker fired up, get you smoking temp up to around 230° and put those butts on . Smoke till the internal temp of the butts are about 165° then wrap in a layer of heavy foil w/ maybe a 1/2 cup of you favorite fruit juice or beer or white wine in the foil. back on the smoker till the internal meat temp gets to 200°- 210°. pull off the smoker and let rest for 1 hr minimum. open the foil and pull the pork. Get ready to be amazed at what you have just created!!!!
Now that is a spot on reply.It's all good my friend.

Welcome Chris,

That's about as perfectly short and sweet as a Newbie can ask for. Almost makes me wish I was a Newbie!

As for "time" Chris, many will say about 1 1/2 hours per pound, but I would emphasize the word "about".

Gotta go by temps, not time.

Follow what Eman said, and you really will be amazed!

Bear

Welcome and do as Bear says.......temp not time...you gotta go with the temp around here..Again welcome and have fun !!!!!!

Thanks everyone it is fun!!! I will take the 5 day course but I didn't have time before 1st smoke. Two questions. Do I flip the meat? How often can I look at meat?

Thanks everyone it is fun!!! I will take the 5 day course but I didn't have time before 1st smoke. Two questions. Do I flip the meat? How often can I look at meat?

If you're talking about "Do you flip something like a pork butt, while you're smoking it?"   I never do.

How often can I look at meat?   I've been looking at meat a lot in the last 62 years!

Just kidding.

If you have a glass door, like my MES 40, you can look at the meat all you want, but if you have to open the door to look, I would certainly limit your viewing times.

Bear

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky