Hello...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp61

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 6, 2011
NE Ohio
Just registered yesterday and wanted to say hello to all. My name is Joe and I'm working on my 50th orbit round the sun. Totally new to smoking. I'm a member of a fishing website also where SMF is mentioned quite often and some of the guys on there are pretty good at smoking. I've been drooling on my keyboard for a few years now looking at all the pics they post. I've decided that I'm going to give this smoking business a shot. Today I stopped in at Sam's Club after work to purchase a MES40". Well, I was a little disappointed for two reasons. Reason one- the MES40" on display in the store is not the same unit they have pictured on their website, which to me looks to be all stainless steel. I looked at their website again when I got home and the description says "powder-coated body and a stainless steel door" which is what's on display. Hahaha...very tricky this Sam guy! Two- it's on order. So I don't have a smoker, yet.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Welcome to SMF!! For a guy new to smoking this is the place to be! Lot's of good folks with good advise! I too just started the art of smoking and have to say that I am hooked!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Have to agree with Arnie above...although, not a bad addiction to have. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your coming MES40....you jumped right in big time. Looking forward to some Q/view off that baby so make sure your camera batteries are charged up.

Welcome to SMF Joe.  Sorry you have to wait for your MES to arrive, take advanage of that wait and check out the forums and make a list of all the things that you want to try. And start filling up your freezer with stuff like pork butts, ribs and chuckies!!

Enjoy the Smoke!

Congrats on getting an MES 40---You'll love it!

Good point Dutch made too.

You may want to consider getting an "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER" now, because you will want one, and if you wait until you have your MES 40, you'll have to wait another few days for the little gadget that will make your smoking life complete.

I couldn't live without mine,

Bear

Thanks for the kind words guys. Called Sam's today to see if they have any yet....person says they have five of them. I ask, you look on the computer or in stock, he says computer. Told him I was there yesterday and sign above smoker said "ON ORDER". He goes, let me go look.... 20 min. later I hang up the phone. Stop in after work, ask a lady working there if they have any in stock (sign still says on order) she checks and says they have five of them....20 min. later they find them 30 feet up in the air. Thought I heard.... hey Joe...hey Joe, we're up here :-) Anywho, it's out in the garage on 275 for 3 hours. While at Sam's I picked up some ribs and chicken and on my way home like a crackhead, picked up some apple, cherry and hickory chips. Hopefully Sunday night I'll be saying....man, this is some good stuff!  Meanwhile I have much reading to do......wish me luck!

a4ad4f2a_IMAG0050.jpg
3c069251_IMAG0052.jpg
a63fa83a_IMAG0055.jpg
4011dda9_IMAG0054.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys! Picked up the MES40" today, have 1:45 min. left on the pre-seasoning. I don't know what happened but my last post with pics went poof when I hit SUBMIT. Oh well, I'm not rewriting all that again. Hopefully Sunday I'll have some good news w/pics. Maybe a Moderator can check and see where my post went, thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Joe, and welcome to the SMF. You may not have your smoker yet, but that gives to time for more reading. Reading is a main key while on the learning curve. It's all good my friend.

Good luck Joe. Like Bear said, you really need to get an AMNS ordered. It will make you a pro right off the bat   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky