hello to all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porkn

Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Hi ,Iam Tom and I am from Northern illinois and i have been reading this sight for a while and decided its time to start talking to you all . I have a brinkman water smoker and a smoker made out of a 250 gal fuel drum. I just started curing my first batch of canadian bacon and cant wait to try some other suggestions I have found on here
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Porkn, glad to have you joining in.

You've been checking things out already, so I guess I don't have to tell you we would love to see some pics
icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck on your canadian bacon, let us know how it comes out.

Welcome to SMF porkn. Glad to have you here. Good luck with that Canadian Bacon, bring some pix if you can

Keep Smokin

Welcome Tom -

Canadian Bacon huh? Sounds like you've got a bit of experiance behind that smoker! 250 gallons man these hugs tanks are poping up everywhere!

Just curious - how much fuel does it take to keep as beast like that going for a full smoke?

actually deb it doesnt take much of fuel at all, when I do briskets or pork i usually cook them for 14-15 hrs and I only use 2 1/2 to 3 bags of charcoal

boarcephus I am not to far from you, I am from just north of Freeport

You could probably fit a whole cow in there at one shot huh?
2 1/2 to 3 bags is about what I've used in my ECB all winter long. Sure would be nice to cook everything at once though ...

smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky