Hello, my name is Brian and i am a smoke-a-holic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

level5vegan

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
So. Nevada
Hi all,

Well the subject line pretty much summed it up ;)   I should've read some other posts so I knew what to put in here but here goes. I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I love the site, originally found it through Google. You know the last minute panicking over some silly "what if" of your smoke. I finally realized that every time I was in a bind and searched for something I was lead right to here. So I have embraced the search feature and have never needed to post or ask anything.

My last smoker was home made but I had to sell it before a move. Now I have a New Braunfels, not sure of the exact model. Its a horizontal with an offset fire box. Also have a low budget vertical propane smoking contraption which I rarely use. I love smoking just about anything... wait I didn't mean that how it sounded... I enjoy smoking all different types of foods tri-tip is a favorite, and the occasional fishy or pork butt is always good. I have been smoking for a few years now. Sometimes it comes out awesome and other times I have 2 really happy dogs. Always looking to learn.

Nuff said??

Thanks for running such an awesome site!

Hello Brian and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi Brian...Welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky