Hello from Zephyrhills Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Crazy Smokin

Original poster
Nov 11, 2022
Florida
Newbie Smoker,
Hello all not a major smoker like some in this Forum as I smoke on a portable Pit Poss pro series table top

Ain't nothing wrong with those table top models.. I have one that I love to take camping when it's my wife and I.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Crazy Smokin
welcome to the forum from Minnesota! yep, as long as your food you make for yourself tastes good to you, it makes no difference what you use to make it with.

Reactions: Crazy Smokin
welcome to the forum from Minnesota! yep, as long as your food you make for yourself tastes good to you, it makes no difference what you use to make it with.
I was trying to figure out if turkey would fit in the smoker. I am in live with my portable. Perfect for two people.

Have you tried to smoke a 12lb turkey in it?
I have the country smokers tabletop version which is owned by Pit Boss but it may not be the same model or size as the one you have.

A whole 12 pound turkey will definitely not fit on mine but perhaps if I cut it up in pieces I could fit a lot of that on the grate.

I have the country smokers tabletop version which is owned by Pit Boss but it may not be the same model or size as the one you have.

A whole 12 pound turkey will definitely not fit on mine but perhaps if I cut it up in pieces I could fit a lot of that on the grate.
What about a spatchcock turkey

What about a spatchcock turkey
A spatchcock turkey will not fit on mine.. it reduces the height but doubles the footprint.

I haven't tried this but I'm thinking if you cut out the backbone, opened it up and then divided the turkey into 2 halves, one of those halves might fit assuming your square inches is about the same as mine.

I would find the smallest turkey you can find and then spatchcock that, if it won't fit, cut it into halves and see if you can maneuver both pieces in there.

It's really easy to break a turkey up into pieces as well once it's spatchcocked. Then you could sort of "Tetris" everything in there.

Do you happen to know the length and width of your smoker grate?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky