Hello from Washington State

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beinert

Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
Hello everyone. Have grilled for years on a Weber kettle and just getting into smoking. Used the same 22.5" kettle to smoke a couple racks of ribs a couple weeks ago and my first pork butt yesterday. Temperature control needs a bit of work but all in all the results were good. Looking forward to learning a bunch here on the forums.

Last edited:
Welcome to the board! I started smoking with a Weber, too. There's a big overlap between grilling and smoking, lots to explore.

Welcome to SMF beinert!  Glad you are here and putting that WK through it's smoking paces.  Once you get the temp control down on a Kettle it will serve you well if you ever add another smoker to your lineup.

Have fun!

Ray

welcome1.gif

You've come to the right place for information and encouragement. I have 5 different grills/smokers, but I still do a lot of smoking on my Weber kettle. Sometimes it's just easier. Good luck!

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky