Hello from UTAH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roysmoker

Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Hello Everyone I'm new today. I'm just getting started in smoking. I've been doing alot of dutch oven in the past but thought would try something new..Going to try a pork loin tonight for my first item.

Welcome to the site Roy. Any questions please feel free to ask.
Lots of good people and great recipes on here to help make sure you have a wonderful smoke.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have ya here. Just watch your internal temps on that loin. They can dry out if you cook it to too high of a temp. I believe 145* - 150* is your desired point on a loin.

Glad ya joined us at SMF! If you're new to this hobby of smoking meats, check out the free, 5-day ecourse offered through the site. It'll get ya started off on the right track.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF you will find lots of good info here and some great recipes as well. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome and good luck on the smoke tonight. Where are you in Utah?

Welcome to the Forum roysmoker. Nice to see another Utah member here. . . let's see-I think that makes 3 or 4 of us now.
biggrin.gif

First off welcome to SMF roy. You'll like it here theres alot to learn and some good people to teach you. Like dude said watch out for that loin it will dryout with a quickness. Good Luck and remember the Qview (pictures)

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.. look forward to learning alot and having some fun doing it. I'm in Roy ut

Well I tryed to smoke the pork roast the other night..Didn't do to well it was really tuff I learned alot though I think it needed to cook longer.. O'well I'm back at it as we speak. I caught some trout the otherday so they are on there now. so far everything is looking good..

Welcome aboard!

You should start a post on the "Pork" area of the board about the Pork roast. Explain what type of cooker you used, what temperature you ran it at, and the temp of the meat when you pulled it. I'm sure we can come up with a few ideas.

Hello and welcome to the SMF. There are many members here who enjoy the taste of food prepared in a DO. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the SMF. Hang in there, with all the people here helping you ya just can't help but to turn out good smoke...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky