Hello from the OuterBanks of NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firestop

Original poster
Jan 20, 2023
Hello, My name is Pete and I live on a barrier island. I'm originally from up north but I've been living here for almost 40 years. One of the only things I miss from the north is the food. I've been semi retired for about 5 years. Learned how to make eastern north carolina bbq years ago and have my own rendition thats pretty good. I have been trying to make different sausages and smoked meats but I haven't had alot of success. I hope I can learn a few things here and eventually help others.

Hi Pete, welcome from Iowa! Lot's of knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Ryan

Welcome from upstate NY! We really like the outer banks. We were at Kill Devil Hills just last November. Can't wait to head down that way again in a few months.

Welcome Pete there is a listing on here for sausage recipes. Ask there are many guys on willing to help and answer your questions.

Warren

Hello, My name is Pete and I live on a barrier island. I'm originally from up north but I've been living here for almost 40 years. One of the only things I miss from the north is the food. I've been semi retired for about 5 years. Learned how to make eastern north carolina bbq years ago and have my own rendition thats pretty good. I have been trying to make different sausages and smoked meats but I haven't had alot of success. I hope I can learn a few things here and eventually help others.
Welcome aboard..
I almost thought your post was a reflection of me.. I usually check in and and say, My name is Pete and I am a(n) .." This is the only meeting I attend to now.
Do you surf fish by any chance?

-Pete

Welcome from Mississippi!
Lots of great folks here and it can be a real sausagefest at times. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing: They will have you making things you havent ever heard of!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky