Hello from the Island of Grenada...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

american_greenz

Original poster
Mar 11, 2023
Hello Fellow Smokers,

My name is John and I'm living on the tropical island of Grenada in the Caribbean. I just purchased an entry level Masterbuilt propane smoker on a black friday sale last year. (About 300 USD, probably cost about the same amount to ship it and pay duties on it) So far, I've smoked Pork Ribs, Beef Short Ribs, Chicken, Pork Tenderloin and a Packers Brisket. Most has come out superb! My main problems are using too much salt on things or under cooking the meats. I use a Tenergy 6 probe thermometer system that talks bluetooth to my phone. It works superb.

I chose a propane smoker since the availability of smoking woods is limited on the island. I've imported some Hickory, but now one of the hardware stores is selling bags of wood chunks which makes it easier to restock. I'm currently investigating the use of Lychee wood which is available on island, but nobody seems to have any experience with this wood. Additionally, electric smokers are prohibitive due to high electrical costs on the island. Diesel generators power the island. So, I went with the masterbuilt propane 40" unit. So far, I'm impressed with this vertical smoker with glass door. I'm having a lot of fun with it and have very few complaints about it.

Looking forward to learning from the pros here.

Sincerely,
John
Grenada West Indies

Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to your post and Pics. We love pics around here. And post up some pics of where you live. I like to see places I may never get the chance to see.

Jim

Welcome from Ohio! I bet it is beautiful there! The only person Im familiar with going to Grenada is Gunny Highway...............anyways, are there any fruit trees on the island that you could try out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky