Hello From the Frozen Tundra

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tg pythons

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Wisconsin
Hi everyone. I've been browsing this forum for a while now so I thought I'd finally join.

I likely won't post too often - I do more reading than anything. There is a ton of great info on this site that has already proven very useful to me, so I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed.

I got my first smoker in September. I got a $300 gift card to Cabelas with a car purchase, and decided to spend it on a smoker. I bought the Masterbuilt 30" digital electric smoker, and have been very happy so far.

So happy in fact that I had to install an exhaust vent in my garage so I could use it in any weather, which can be pretty crappy in Wisconsin.

I mainly smoke pork, but have done chicken, duck, and pheasant as well.

I am a husband and a father of three beautiful girls, so I tend to spend a lot of time in the garage. It's quiet in there!

Other hobbies include reptiles, photography, hiking, snowboarding, beer, and grillin meat.

Looking forward to learning more, and thanks again for the info!

Tim

WELCOME.....

i did the same thing but i built a bigger smoker out of a stand up freezer and vent it out of my shop with a 3" heating duct.... works excellent ..
doing some cold smoked salmon right now and will be putting cheese on in a few minutes..

Reactions: tg pythons
Welcome to the group Tim!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky