Hello from the 435

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supernaut

Original poster
Mar 25, 2017
I opened the freezer looking for tomorrow's options on the grill and came across a pack of short ribs my dad had included in his "charity" bag. Actually it's time for him to make room for a new beef so I get the dregs but I'm hardly complaining. So I looked up smoking short ribs and here is where I ended up.
Re-located back to Utah last year and took up a new profession or a twist on my old one and here we are today. Spring is here finally and that means I can get the old Weber kettle back on full time schedule. That and bass fishing are my primary interests orher than my family.
Hoping to get the Weber Smokey Mtn as summer sets in and become familiar with it before the rains and snow return. I do a decent job in the kettle using the snake method or if I'm doing fish, just a small pile off to one side and add as the temps require. My first batch of ice fishing rainbows turned out awesome and actually had alot of compliments from co-workers.
OK I'll leave it at that for now. Looking foward to learning and hopefully sharing with this group.
Tight Lines--------
Troy

Thanks Mike!
Hopefully you guys can shorten the learning curve or at least help me avoid some of the noob mistakes heading my way

Noob mistakes?  I don't remember any!  
rolleyes.gif
   I call them experiments, and we get to eat them!  My GF doesn't like most of my experiments.  LOL.

Mike

Funny Mike!
If there's a positive note, my wife only eats chicken and turkey burgers off the grill, so the kids and I get to hog the rest!!

Welcome Troy!
Your fellow Utahn and Cabelas competitor here. what city are you living in, you say the 435, so are you in Tooele county? I live in Stansbury park (which is in Tooele County).

Hope to run in to ya again.

Hey T!
No, I'm up in Brigham City but fortunately close enough to Malad that a good beer run isnt too big a deal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky