Hello from Tallahassee!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FL-Outlander

Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
Tallahassee, Florida
Hello All,

My name is Axel. I'm 40 y/o from Tallahassee, Florida. I've been smoking meats for many years using my trusty Weber Kettle and, more recently, a hand-me-down Brinkman Vertical Water Smoker. Poor thing has seen better days, but it has made some fine Q!

Tomorrow morning I'll take delivery of a new Old County BBQ Pits Pecos Offset Smoker. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve! I've already ordered some gasket material for the lids and am still researching digital therms. Haven't decided on one that won't break the bank.

Anyway, I've been lurking for a few months and figured I'd make an account and introduce myself. I've already learned a ton and am looking forward to learning and sharing more with you all. Once I hit 10 posts I'll post pics of my set-up.

Kind Regards,
FL-Outlander

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the new smoker

Chris

Welcome to the best BBQ site on the whole inter-web. Looking forward to learning some of the tips and tricks you've uncovered over the years. And congrats on your new smoker.

Nice one Axel, looking forward to your pics..
I don't have anywhere near as much experience as you but definitely know the feeling of waiting for your new machine to turn up.im waiting on my new LG900..

Welcome to SMF and congrats on your new toy.

Id recommend checking out the Fireboard.com. Its a great unit.

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky