Hello from Southern Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokeIron

Original poster
May 25, 2021
Hello fellow smoked meat enthusiasts,

I have been browsing this forum for a while and figured it was time to sign up since this forum really seems to cover a wide variety of my interests.
My wife and kids got me an Old Country Pecos a few years ago for Father's Day and have really enjoyed tinkering around with it. I also use an old Webber Kettle that was my grand father's for grilling and lighter duty smoking. I've also recently gotten into fermenting peppers I grow in our garden.
I really look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Thanks,
SmokeIron

IMG_1255.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from another Hoosier!
Don't lose that old Weber! I'm still using the one Dad gave me in '97.....

It's still going strong. I believe the 2 letter code on the lid damper puts it in '93. I'm missing the ash pan and added a thermometer, but everything else is still original.

Welcome from South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country. How about a few pics of what's inside of the chamber? With a nice fire like you have, I know there has too be something very good inside. 🍻
John

I think that picture was taken back in the summer of 2018. I was bringing the smoker up to temp early for my first brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky