Hello from So Cal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevine

Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Valencia, CA
I've only been smoking/grilling for the past year.  I remember my family using charcoal and lots of lighter fluid when I was a kid, and I last used charcoal in my apartment during college.  Since then, I've been using propane. (old stainless)

I got myself a Master Forge Dually (Lowes for $199) last year, and I got hooked.  Since then, I've picked up a Char-Griller off of CL for $40 and added the SFB.  I just finished my mods (thanks to the posts/pics on this site).  I also recently picked up an older Brinkmann Smoke and Pit for $20 (lady sold it to me b/c it was her ex-husbands...ouch).  After about $125 is re-furbishing, I am now the proud owner of the Fire Engine Red Brinkmann...

The info on this site is awesome.  Thanks in advance, and hopefully, I can start posting worthy Q pics as my offering in return...

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Hey Magic Mountain how are ya? Glad to have you here with us from the land of the Mountain

Welcome from Fallbrook

Welcome to SMF. Sounds like you have a yard full of smokers. Looking forward to your first Qview.

Start finding a place to build your smokehouse, you're gonna want one of those too. Welcome to the site. Let's see that red smoker of yours..

Welcome to the SMF/your new addiction
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Kevine to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

GO GATORS    

Hello Kevine, and thanks for the introduction. The SMF will always weclome someone who share good times in the outdoors. It's all good my friend.

Thanks everyone.  I'm having my parents over for dinner tonite but just direct grilling up some chicken.  And thanks for Beer-B-Q for the link for the e-course.  I've read so many posts that I feel I have a good handle, but I've been looking for something like this.  I considered an actual course, but we're in the process of saving for a new house, so no $900 bbq courses!  But with a new house means....new (bigger) smoker!  I'll probably get rid of a couple of the ones I have.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Welcome Kevine....no need for a 900 dollar BBQ course Reading and asking questions here will teach you all you can stand. I have made some good stuff just by reading around and searching. Have fun with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky