Hello from Saskatchewan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wagc

Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Hi all,

As the title says I am from Saskathewan and I love to bbq, smoke, hunt, fish etc etc etc. Although I have a few BBQ's and Smokers I have just finished building a smoker. I intended it to be a cold smoker with a cinderblock and brick bottom but my husband commandeered my project and we are now trying to figure out the rest of my project . (ie: how to regulate the smoke and heat) but its hard because as we were curing the inside for the first time it is in -44 degree weather and although we have a ton of smoke there is no heat,, lol go figure. Anyway as I said I intended it to be a cold smoker but I think its a spring summer fall cold smoker not a winter smoker.  I have been BBQing all my life and smoking for a number of years. And I welcome any opinions and help that any of you may offer. Im going to attach a picture of the smoker I build as I think its a Purdy thing :). (I guess I should mention I am female) :)

)

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything......   Neat looking smoker !!   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

thanks Gary. Was supposed to be a winter project but Husband wants some moose snack sticks lol

Welcome to the group!  That's a nice looking smokehouse!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Thanks so much SeenRed... already looks like a great friendly group and I've been made to feel welcome, so I'll probably be busting B***s with questions needing answers lol

yep.. francis is a beer and 1/2 trip south from where we are....:)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky