Hello from Pasadena, CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sandpaper

Original poster
May 30, 2019
Pasadena, CA
Hello from the City of Roses!
Just starting out on my low and slow career. Up til now, I have been doing mostly high heat and rotisserie cooking on a Weber Genesis. I have done a little bit of smoking on it with a smoke box and more recently with a tube - it works OK, but I have a hard time keeping the temp low enough without cracking the hood and letting all the smoke out. Just not the right tool for the job.

Father's Day is bringing me a Pit Barrel Cooker, and I can't wait to get started smoking for real!

Reactions: JC in GB
Sandpaper, welcome to SMF from SacTown! Glad you're here and anticipating better smoke.

We're usually down in your neck of the woods when JPL has their open house. We usually skip a year or two, then attend. We went last year, so this was a skip year. We'll look for the PBC smoke next time we're down your way!

Enjoy the forum!

Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky