Hello from Orange County,CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brian88

Original poster
Jun 20, 2020
Southern California
Hello all, my name is Brian and i just wanted to say hello and thank you all for having such a wonderful forum and place to share information about smoking meats! I’ve been a long time reader of this forum and am happy to join it now. Recently moved back to California after living stints in North Carolina and Texas, never had the chance to smoke meats until recently. Ill admit im a big newbie! I got myself a GMG Davy Crockett small pellet smoker to start out, and now I'm addicted to smoking... meat of course.

I ve only smoked 3 things so far, St Louis cut ribs, Tri tip, and steaks. This weekend i hope to smoke some beef short ribs.

Anywho, thanks for having me here, I look forward to learning.

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! I hope when you were living in Texas you got to the Holy Grail; Franklin BBQ, The Salt Lick, or Robert's place ( tx smoker tx smoker ). I'd opt for the latter, far more creative than those old guys, tho you'd still really want to hit Franklin's. RAY

Brian, welcome to SMF from NorCal. Once upon a time I was an OC resident, alsoTN, FL, and TX. Once you've eaten Q from back east, nothing out west comes close unless you smoke it yourself.

Enjoy the forum, learning your new smoker, and all the tasty meats you'll make.

Ray

The Salt Lick, or Robert's place ( tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker ). I'd opt for the latter, far more creative than those old guys,

Thanks for the accolades Ray. We do have a preponderance of decent BBQ available here but I still prefer my own. I can make it however I want instead of cooking for the masses. It's always better that way :emoji_wink:

Brian88 Brian88 welcome from Central Texas. You're in a great place here to learn anything under the sun with regard to cooking.

Robert

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome! I look forward to learning and sharing contributing when i learn a bit more. I lived in El Paso Tx which sadly wasnt a BBQ town, but i was fortunate to make it to Austin and try Franklins; would love to try the Salt Lick and Roberts place too some time when i make it back to Texas. Was also fortunate to enjoy great Bbq in North Carolina. Here in california, its hard to beat doing the smoking my self, great weather for smoking and decent meat availability.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky