Hello from NW Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ksnyder

Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Hi everybody,

Been smoking for about 2 years now up here in the Great Black Swamp and watching these forums for a couple of months. Decided to join this morning.

I used to work at a meat store, that is what sort of got me into cooking in general. I made a lot of sausage when I worked there, and recently acquired my own equipment to make it.  Bought my first smoker a while back and here are a few things I like to do on the smoker:

Spare ribs

Boneless pork loin roast

Pork shoulder

Whole chickens

Beef jerky

Cheese

Salmon

I have two bullet style charcoal smokers, I'll be upgrading next year. Maybe even adding a smokehouse.

Things I would like to smoke (just haven't done them yet):

Beef brisket

ABTs

Fatties

Homemade sausage - I'll be doing my first batch tonight!

Fresh ham

Prime rib

Snack sticks

Bacon

Brewing grains

Now lets get to smoking!

Welcome to SMF!!!

What are ya waiting for. Get w/ some smoke and show us some pictures .

Brisket and prime rib are both addicting.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Mr Snyder to SMF. You sure have alot of stuff on your want to list so you better get to smoking. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Hey KS  Hows the weather next door?  I too an from NW Ohio, near oak harbor!  What meat store did you used to work in?  You'll love it here! lots of friendly people...and a few of us Kooky ones too!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

You know I'm talking about you Squirrely Girl....and Bearcarver...not to mention any names.

Later

SOB

SOB,

It cooled off quite a bit in the past day or so, yikes. Not looking forward to the impending snow. I worked for my uncle, who had a place for about 5 years, Dan's Finest Meats in Rossford, before selling it to the House of Meats guys. I had a lot of fun working there.  If the kooky are welcome here I believe I will fit in just fine!

MBalli,

I will check out the E-Course to review and improve the methods behind my madness, thanks for the suggestion!

A craving for really spicy jerky just hit me, this might be a busy holiday weekend!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome from NE Ohio! (Huntsburg)

Winter is smoking season!  I love shoveling a path to the smoker, throwing on a couple briskets and opening a Great Lakes Christmas Ale!!     

Lots of great info and people here - enjoy!

Hey KS  Hows the weather next door?  I too an from NW Ohio, near oak harbor!  What meat store did you used to work in?  You'll love it here! lots of friendly people...and a few of us Kooky ones too!
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

You know I'm talking about you Squirrely Girl....and Bearcarver...not to mention any names.

Later

SOB
SOB,

Mr Snyder obviously knows better than to believe anything anyone from NW Ohio says.  
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

Bear

Ks... I just drove by that house of meats today!  Small world huh!?  I am the meat manager for an independant grocery store in Genoa. 

Come out and check us out sometime.

SOB

Oh and by the way BC.....NICE HEAD!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky