Hello from Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slowjoe

Original poster
May 16, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Hey everyone,

Joe here from Minneapolis, MN. I've always had a love for real barbeque and decided to take up the art this past February. I own a ECB Gourmet with mods (lump coal) and I love it! I've had a couple smoke sessions with whole cut up chickens a few whole chickens (beer can and spatchcocked) and some spare ribs (no beef yet). I would have done a lot more by now but the wife will only allow so many days where I'm in and out of the house checking the temp. BUT, I now own a remote digital therm and me and my ECB are starting to understand each other better, so "she" requires less attention (I suppose the wife was getting jealous too)

I just purchased a Char-broil electric smoker to get more of a "set it and forget it" thing going on since I have a 10 month old daughter to chase around the yard...my hope is that I'll need to tend the smoker even less since no charcoal is involved. I've done a couple mods to the electric as well. I'll be smoking some tandori chicken this friday, prbly a whole cut up chicken (paul kirk's recipe).

I've resarched smoking quite a bit leading up to today and I must say this forum is my favorite. I also own Paul Kirk's championship bbq and Peace, Love, & BBQ--all these resources have helped me very much.

Whew, hope I didn't ramble too much...looking forward to shooting the shtuff with you all.

-slowjoe

Welcome to the SMF slowjoe. Sounds like you are already a smoking junkie
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Your in great company so jump right in.... the smoke is thin and blue. The Tandori chicken sounds awesome,maybe we can get you to share your recipe?? Remember we also love pics. Glad you like the forum and decided to join in the fun!!!!

Look foward to reading your posts.
smile.gif

SlowJoe,

Welcome .......... Theresa hit in on the head, you are in great company. Your daughters first full sentence will be "More ribs Dad, PLEASE!"

Welcome Slow Joe -

Can't go wrong with Paul Kirks books. One heck of a nice guy too! Have you checked out Jeffs free 5 day eCourse or his new How To Smoke Meat EBook? It's also free!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky