Hello from Michigan!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrgoblueguy

Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Hello everyone!! My name is Jeff and I am from Grosse Pointe Woods, a small city right next to Detroit. I love to bbq and just picked up my first smoker the other week. It was just the cheap Brinkmann but I love it. We have several amazing bbq joints close by even though Detroit is not known for bbq. We have a joint withing walking distance that has amazing brisket. I have had bbq in Texas, Memphis and North Carolina. My fav food is brisket. I love vinegar sauces as well. Just wanted to stop and say hi before I start posting.

Welcome aboard Jeff!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome Jeff. Good to see the Grosse Pointers representing the east side! Is Lake St. Clair frozen yet? It's almost time for perch fishing!

You are right about all the good BBQ joints popping up. The ones near me are Hogs Hallow in Utica and Bad Brad's in Shelby Township. Whats the name of the place near you?

Glad to hear you're a brisket fan. I have been doing pulled pork for years but only recently got the brisket right where I want it, so I'm really into that right now. Anyways, welcome and look forward to seeing more from you!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Humdinger, the name of the place by me is called Little Z's BBQ in St. Claire Shores. Real good brisket. You should check it out. I still need to make it out to Bad Brads oneday. Have a good weekend everyone.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Humdinger, the name of the place by me is called Little Z's BBQ in St. Claire Shores. Real good brisket. You should check it out. I still need to make it out to Bad Brads oneday. Have a good weekend everyone.
Thanks for the tip. I haven't heard of that location so it's exciting to know great places are still to be found around town. If I get down that way sometime soon, I'll let you know. If you ever make it out to the Shelby Bad Brad's, let me know.

Welcome , I am also new to smokeing , the smf site is great!! Lots of great people with good advice and oh also a Michigander here !!! Good luck with the new smoker !!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky