Hello from MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronf

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2008
S.E. MI
Hi All

I just found this forum and have found some very useful information. I just got a Char Broil Silver Smoker and am making modifications that I found on this site.
So far I have made the heat deflector with the heat distributor, added two extra thermometers on each side of the handle on the smoke chamber, extended the chimney down to the grates and caulked around the fire box door. I have it fired up right now and the heat difference is about 10-15 degrees from left to right.
Thanks for all of the useful information!

Welcome to SMF! You'll find all sorts of help here. If you have any questions, just ask away
icon_exclaim.gif

Welcome to SMF glad to have you here. Congrats on the new smoker and the mods. You may also want to sign up for Jeff's 5 day Ecourse theres lots of great stuff in there and its free. Have fun and happy smoking

Hia Ron, and welcome to SMF from Lake Orion! Pleanty of folks here use that machine, and it sounds like a got a good start on tuning 'er up right! Enjoy!

Welcome from SW michigan. You will love this place, and it sounds like you have your silver heading in the right direction!

Glad to know you're part of the SMF. You made good use of reading the forums, keep it up my friend.

welcome to the SMF from the great thumb of michigan. always good to see another fellow michigander to the forums. Any thing you wanna know someone will answer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky