Hello From Maryland

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tvgunter

Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
Hello I live in maryland not far from DC. I am a hard government worker. Recently married. I have always enjoyed grilling and cooking, want to take it to the next level and am looking at getting a charcole smoker, any recomendations for a beginer on what grill will be the best?

Go yankees!!!!!

Welcome to SMF glad you decided to join us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. I also suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it has lots of great info and its free. What kind of smoker do you think you'd be most comfortable with electric, propane, charcoal?

Welcome to the SMF my new friend. Take your time on researching your next smoker, but keep it in mind that a lot of us upgrade/trade/exchange at some point on our journey for the TBS. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the family, glad to have you.

About the only recommendation I can give is the Weber as it is all I have for charcoal. I am mainly a stick burner.

My Weber I mainly use for grilling and such but i am sure someone will be along shortly to help

Again, Welcome and Happy Smokes

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

How to post Qview to Forum:

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

Perhaps if you could tell us some additional info like price range, how many people are you cooking for, etc. we could better guide you.

Welcome to SMF. Like Ron said if you give us some idea of the type of fuel you want to use, your price range, and how many you will cook for we can help a little better. Use to live in southern MD. Again Welcome.

Welcome aboard. My parents are in Annapolis and I am up in NY just outside the city.

I prefer something that you can burn wood and coal in. I have an SnP and have recently seen a slightly less expensive version at either Lowes or Home Depot for $150. Once you decide you are going to continue doing this and have some more disposable income you can really get nutty with spending $$$ on the smoker.

Just my preference.

welcome_clipart.gif
to our little off ramp on the information super highway. Hope you enjoy your stay. Learn lots and then help to guide other SMF members on their smoking journeys. This is a great place to perfect your craft with tons of really great folks who honestly want you to succeed.

I have a Weber Smokey Mountain or WSM around here. It's a great little smoker that burns charcoal and wood chunks. Easy to use with a low learning curve and churns out some great Q. Unless you're planning on smoking for large gatherings that'd be my recomendation.

First off welcome to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky