Hello from Manitoba

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by smokin jim, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Smokin Jim here from Manitoba. I have been cooking bbq for the past 12 years and have a large line up of pits that I use. I have a JR Oyler model 700(Bertha), a custom built Stumper clone, a home built offset log burner, 2 WSM's, a BDS clone, and a Diamond Plate clone under construction. Also a 22.5" Weber grill and a Little Joe weber grill. I am retired from my Millwright days, but can't seem to get away from wanting to build something. I do some BBQ catering during our short summer season, but I do Q all winter long. That is where the Stumper comes in, with it being insulated you can cook in it even at -35C or -31F.

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us. Perhaps you have a recipe or tip or two you would share with us. Enjoy the forum.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. flagriller

flagriller Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome, glad you found us! Everyone here is very nice and knowlegeble and helpful. Enjoy.

4. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Jim, glad you stopped by... lookin' forward to your posts! [​IMG]

5. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG] Welcome to the SMF [​IMG]

6. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Jim! Anyone who smokes at -31°F is a dead serious smoker!
    I did some smoking up in Minnesota when it was well below zero (F). Sure made the neighbors wonder. [​IMG]

7. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Jim! Gllad to have and look forward to your posts.

8. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Smokin' Jim, glad you've joined the best of the best, the SMF. Sounds like you have a yard of clones! Looking forward to your ideas and tips.

9. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

welcome to smf. yer right @ home w/ hardcore smokers here. we got monsoon smokers, hurricane smokers, snow smokers,etc....

10. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF smokin Jim!!!

11. johnd49455

johnd49455 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF the best BBQ site on the net[​IMG]

12. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Welcome Smokin Jim -

Always nice to have someone join us from the great white north! Sounds like you've got some real good gear - we'd like to see some photos of that neat stuff.

13. phinfan

phinfan Smoke Blower

Welcome abaord. Great bunch of help these guys are.

14. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome Jim, There are a great bunch of people on here. Hopefully you joined up to share some of your knowledge also [​IMG] . Now lets see some pictures of your smokers.

15. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF from Ontario ... looks like you can teach us a bit I'll bet!

16. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF,from New Brunswick ,Canada .....would love to see some pics of your rigs ....see ya in the forums [​IMG]

17. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF![​IMG]

18. Welcome Smokin Jim,

This is a great site, almost as good as the Prairie BBQ Association..........

I hope you pick up hints and pointers. Feel free to share your experience, some of us need all the help we can get!

19. coleysmokinbbq

coleysmokinbbq Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Smokin Jim!...Welcome to the SMF!...[​IMG]...Glad to have you aboard!...