Hello from Manitoba

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin jim

Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Manitoba
Smokin Jim here from Manitoba. I have been cooking bbq for the past 12 years and have a large line up of pits that I use. I have a JR Oyler model 700(Bertha), a custom built Stumper clone, a home built offset log burner, 2 WSM's, a BDS clone, and a Diamond Plate clone under construction. Also a 22.5" Weber grill and a Little Joe weber grill. I am retired from my Millwright days, but can't seem to get away from wanting to build something. I do some BBQ catering during our short summer season, but I do Q all winter long. That is where the Stumper comes in, with it being insulated you can cook in it even at -35C or -31F.

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us. Perhaps you have a recipe or tip or two you would share with us. Enjoy the forum.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome aboard Jim, glad you stopped by... lookin' forward to your posts!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome Jim! Anyone who smokes at -31°F is a dead serious smoker!
I did some smoking up in Minnesota when it was well below zero (F). Sure made the neighbors wonder.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Hi Smokin' Jim, glad you've joined the best of the best, the SMF. Sounds like you have a yard of clones! Looking forward to your ideas and tips.

Welcome Smokin Jim -

Always nice to have someone join us from the great white north! Sounds like you've got some real good gear - we'd like to see some photos of that neat stuff.

Welcome Jim, There are a great bunch of people on here. Hopefully you joined up to share some of your knowledge also
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
. Now lets see some pictures of your smokers.

Welcome Smokin Jim,

This is a great site, almost as good as the Prairie BBQ Association..........

I hope you pick up hints and pointers. Feel free to share your experience, some of us need all the help we can get!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky