Hello from Manitoba Canada!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BulldogsCadillac

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 19, 2019
Manitoba Canada
Hello to everyone! I'm a fella from a small town in Dauphin Manitoba (Canada). Grew up in the cold northern community of Thompson. I have yet to smoke a single thing in my life, and I suck at barbecuing!! Haha I am a hard working courier by day and a lazy tv watcher by night! :) If you've seen my dog posts, then you know my wife and I are proud parents of two girls, Lulu and Mya, a couple of sweet Rhodesian Ridgebacks. They are the best thing in my life, the wife is a close second! ;)
IMG_5369.jpg

Well, what brought me here is when I take up an interest in something, I research it , non stop, annoyingly so according to my wife. I always try to learn as much as I can about a product so I know that whatever I bought was the best decision for me. That's what brought me to this forum! I feel strongly that a MAK grill would be a great addition, but realize that having zero experience, limited funds, and the additional hurdle of being in Canada, it's not the best choice at this time. I have decided on a GMG Prime Daniel Boone and had been searching around me for a dealer. Closest one was about 3 hours away. Well until last week when I found out our local Sport and Marine shop just signed up and is awaiting their first shipment to arrive! That made it much easier to persuade the wife, well that and the fact I won't burn her chicken breasts anymore! Haha anyways, that's enough for now, looking forward to trying out the great recipes and some different cuts of meat if I can find them in my small town!
Derrick

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the new smoker.

Chris

Welcome,you grew up in Thompson MB. nickel miner? I spent a couple of years in Snow Lake and we would go to Thompson for weekend get aways. Good party town! We used to go through Dauphin on our way to Winnipeg, beautiful country. Lots of information on this forum, a bit overwhelming at first. There are some excellent step by step instructions that I found very helpful, gave me the confidence to try new things.

Reactions: BulldogsCadillac
Hey Derrick, you definitely found the right place for learning about BBQ/Smoking. I had no idea what I was doing (I’m still an amateur) until I found the forum but have come a long way!

Good luck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky