Hello from Lancaster,PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millr731

Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
Lancaster, PA
Hello everyone,

My name is Jon and I am a fairly new member to the smoking community. I learned a few different things about smoking from my dad before he passed away this past August. I was using a Bradley 6 rack smoker but recently ran into some issues with the pucks not advancing by themselves. With my dad recently passing, I inherited a Weber Smokey Mountain and my brother who is also fairly new to the smoking community received a cabelas brand pellet grill. We both have come to love smoked food and are very excited put these smokers to use. If anyone has any suggestions on foods to smoke or tips and tricks with these smokers, we are open for all suggestions. I am very excited to be a new member to this website and look forward to meeting new people and sharing some amazing recipes. Thank you all for taking the time to read this message and I look forward to hearing from everyone!

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
My condolences on your loss. I lost my father in August too.

It’s really never about the equipment, it’s about how you use whatever you have to make food. You do not need an expensive rig to make delicious food, you just need to know how to use what you have to make the most of it. Great food comes from the right combination of spices and cooking technique. Whenever you have questions post them to the forum with as much information as you can provide . Someone will know the answer.

Welcome from Cameron County. The Search function is you best friend here. Search your smoker and anything you wish to make and the answer is likely there. Anything you need just post in the appropriate forum.
I spent 10 years working at the PO on HSBG Pike. Then became a Chef and managed both Lyndon Diners. You live in a great area...JJ

Sorry about your fathers passing.

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya join up. This is a very friendly group of like minded folks. So don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have. We've all been there before.

Chris

Reactions: Millr731
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky