Hello from KCK the Dotte.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

perdiehm

Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Kansas City KS. The Dotte
New to the forum. Been lurking for a little while. Signed up and couldn't post on my phone. So finally downloaded tapatalk. I've never liked this app. And don't use it for any of my other forums. But this one won't work on my phone. So I had to.

Little about me. I'm a beer brewer and wine maker. Hobby scale. Ride motorcycles, Camp, and anything else I can outside. Including cooking.

I'm not new to the smoking scene. I've just been away from it for a while. I guess I got my start from my grandpa. He was an avid smoker. Operated a few BarBQ joints over the years. He cooked most all the dinners. Well the meat parts anyway. And he inlisted me to do the rub before hand. So I got a taste for it early. He passed when I was still in school. And took all his recipes to the grave with him. I started smoking on my own. When I went out on my own. Started with a little brinkman 20+ years ago. Made a killer smoked turkey back then. But I just couldn't get the country cut ribs down. Was my grandpas favorite as mine too. I wore that smoker out. And didn't replace it. Had grills. Just hadn't had a smoker for a long time. Until recently. A friend gifted me a gas vertical smoker. Used but hardly ever used. Well having it got me gung Ho to get back into this fine art. I've since worked out a rub very similar to my grandpas. As I remember it. And now my country cut ribs are kickin but. I built a cold smoke generator and added it to the smoker. I've since smoked some cheese and chilies for my home made chili powder. I make my own chili powder for my homemade Tamalies. I've been looking for a good old refrigerator. That I cold convert into a good sized smoker. Something I had helped grandpa do back in the day. And low and behold I found two today. Blew a tire on the trailer. And a power steering hose on the suburban. Getting them home. But I got them. And can't wait to start in on them. I know one will become the smoker. The other one not sure yet. I'm thinking I will move my keggerator equipment over to it. It would make a cool keggerator for the brew room.

As soon as I figure this tapatalk crap. I will post up some pics of my gear.

Hello Perdiehm,

welcome1.gif
 to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

Welcome to the forum from the Sooner state! We are very glad to have you here.

What phone do you have by the way? We used to be set up to use Tapatalk but have since moved on to our own app/mobile site which supposedly works great with a long list of smart phones.

If yours is giving you trouble, I would be happy to let the engineers know about it so they can (hopefully) get the problem corrected.

welcome1.gif

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you've joined our group.  You'll find there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

I have never had such a hard time with a forum before. I belong to 7 others. And none give me as many problems as this one. I can't post any text on the website. But I can post one pic at a time. Tapatalk I can post text but can't post pics. Ugh.
I looked for a Mobil app. But couldn't find anything? Maybe if someone could point me in the right direction. I would appreciate it.

Now for the pics.
First one is of my small gas smoker.
Second is my cold smoke generator mounted on the side.
Third is some country cut ribs. I smoked them while camping in Arkansas last month.
Fourth was the cheese I smoked after adding the cold smoke generator.
Fifth chili peppers, garlic, black pepper, sea salt, and whole cumin.
Sixth the two fridges I picked up today. The one on the right will be my smoker project.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

If you will start a thread in the build section. You will get a lot of good ideas.

Happy smoken.

David

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky