Hello from Ft Worth!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aggie91

Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Ft Worth Tx
Hello All,

I started a google search on Fatties grilling & ended up here tonite.   Liked it well enough I decided to join up &  "hang out" a while.

I have been grilling/smokin meats (briskets, fish, ribs,. fajitas, cabrito, etc) since I was a teenager.  Learned most of my starting stuff from "undocumented workers" on my families place in South Texas.  Can't handle the hot/spicey stuff any more, so I am always on the look out for new ways to cook "stuff".  This looks like a great spot to learn things . . . .

Equipment for "cookin":

I have a pit I made in 1992 that started out as 8 ft of 36" Casing.  made it as a "in line" fire box/cooker with 2 ea 2 ft doors.  Cooks 4 turkeys or 5-6 briskets on a good day.

Also:

Weber 22"

Jenn-aire gas grill

3 fish/turkey fryers

18" & a 22" discada cooker (google plow disc cooker).  Been cookin on these since I was a kid.

Newest toy I picked up is a 38" fire pit with a swing out grill top for burgers, steaks, chicken, etc.  Also make a killer heater/fire pit for colder nights or for the grandkids to do smores before the adults get down to serious weller & crown consumption on cool fall nights!

Thanks & Glad to be here!

Welcome aboard.cant wait to see some pics/q-view
icon_mrgreen.gif

Welcome to the SMF. You guys from the Lone Star State have a way of living the good life. South Texas, some of my best memories are from Brownsville. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to our favorite obsession!  Now in Fort Worth for the last 14 yrs, originally from upstate NY.  Be sure to post lots of Qview so we can drool!   You'll have a great time here and this place makes ya hungry!

Welcome to SMF. Now I noticed that you have a Discadia 18 and 22. I have the 22 and would love to hear what you are cooking with it

Scarbelly,

For the past few years, I have been using the disc cookers for frying fish more than anything else.  They cook quicker & use less oil than a fish fryer.  When the holidays hit, or we have family over, they get pulled out for breakfast tacos in the mornings.  I have used them for fajitas, chicken fried steaks & chicken (you can make a BIG batch of gravey after the chicken fried is done!)

I have used it for flash grilling veggies such as green beans, kernel corn, carrots, or anything chinese . . . they don't call it a cowboy wok for nothing!

We use it quite a bit in the summer.  It keeps from heating up the house, and we can sit outside and relax.  I have a char-broil single burner cooktop that works great with it & propane is always easy to start!

I don't have any recipes as such, I normally just start with a little olive oil and wine & go from there . . . . .

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Aggie Dude to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction        

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome aboard Aggie!  Look forward to more great post along with some Qview.  
icon_mrgreen.gif

A lot of great information and some truly friendly folks here on SMF.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky