Hello from Corpus Christi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

corpussmokes

Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Corpus Christi, TX
I've been visiting this site for a couple years now and finally decided to join. There is a lot of great information on here and I really enjoy it. I'm originally from Kansas City and so I grew up with some great Barbque. Gates, Jack Stack and Oklahoma Joes were all places we frequented a couple times a week. Of course, there is also the American Royal Barbque cook offs. Started grilling and smoking my own meat years ago and now a couple days a week will have me going from the office in the house to check temps and throw some more wood on the fire because there is some pork, beef, fowl or fish that is slowly getting closer to to the dinner table. I use one of 3 units. A Lang 48 patio smoker. A Brinkman Vertical or a Kingsford 36" Charcoal Grill I've had for years and I've set up for smoking. I'm not sure it is even a Kingsford grill anymore there have been so any changes made to the thing. Anyway, I've enjoyed dropping by and reading tips, suggestions and learning new techniques. Now, maybe if I feel the urge to comment I will be able to get some feedback from this crowd and see if you have any answers for my occasional questions.

Last edited:
Welcome from Canada, CS.

canada-flag-14.gif

Sounds like you are already addicted to smoking and I am glad you decided to join. It is always good to discuss our hobby with an experienced smoker.

I look forward to your posts.

Disco

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  Originally from Mathis.  Glad to have you aboard.  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have, and pictures help a bunch.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello from East Texas and welcome to the forum. Lots of great information and real good people here.   

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky