• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello from Chattanooga, TN!

mechpatt

Joined Jul 4, 2016
Hey everyone! New member here from Chattanooga, TN. I bought my first smoker a little over a year ago. It's an Oklahoma Joe Highland.
The night I brought her home

I looked at several other smokers and read lots of reviews needle picking this one. The first thing I did was a high temp burn in. Took it all the way up to about 500°, then brought it back down to about 300°, rubbed the inside of main chamber with vegitable oil and let it smoke for about 5 hours with hickory to let it season.
After that the only thing I've done with it is grill until today. I finally smoked my first piece of meat, A small 3.2 lb brisket. Full report on that will be posted later.

Anyway I've lurked here and read a few posts since I got my smoker. Figured I'd go ahead and sign up and introduce myself

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.