Hello from Charleston

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

arron

Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Charleston, SC
My name is Arron, I just signed up last night so i could find some good info for smokin some wings. I just finished them about an hour ago and they were awesome. I'm 22, in the Air Force and just got my first smoker in March. I have smoked a Boston Butt, spare ribs and now some wings on it, so I'm still learning, but i think I"m a natural. I have been very pleased with everything I've smoked so far. As far as equipment goes i have a Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker and it has been great. I'm very open to suggestions so if anyone has some must know tips for newbies let 'em fly. oh, and thanks for all the help so far, everyone on here seems to be pretty darn good at smokin!

Big Steve!

Thanks for that link.... so many great posts on this forum!!

Don

Welcome! You will find tons of info here>
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Thanks Big Steve for the link, i have been looking for mods for my smoker and all i could find were ones for the older model. I will definitely be dong a couple of those mods soon.

Hello Arron, and welcome to the best smoking site on Mother Earth, SMF that is. Looks like you're in for some fun this coming summer. It's all good my friend.

Hello Arron and welcome to the SMF family. Glad you joined us. You'll like it here, lots of great people with friendly advice to share just for the askin'. Good luck and smoke on!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Welcome Arron! Sounds like you are doing pretty good with the smoke, and it can only get better.
What kind of wood are you smokin with down there in SC?

Arron welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I'd also like to thank you for your service to our country. You'll find lots of good info here and some great recipes as well. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_39.gif
and how lucky can you be to live around so much FRESH seafood
eek.gif
I'd be doin' Crab,Shrimps,Oysters, different kinds of fish and doin the munchie thing with that smoker
wink.gif

Wish I had a cheap supplier for some FRESH seafood.
icon_cry.gif
Have to get the Frozen Tozen stuff here in OHiYA(YUK)
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif
I use to live in Cen-Tex and 2 hrs. from the coast,plus I knew a couple of buddies with shrimp boats...
talk about good eatin'
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
Man I miss that.OH, sorry , got caught up in self pitty
confused.gif

Have fun and
SMOKE HAPPY
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky