Hello from Charleston

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by arron, Apr 18, 2009.

1. My name is Arron, I just signed up last night so i could find some good info for smokin some wings. I just finished them about an hour ago and they were awesome. I'm 22, in the Air Force and just got my first smoker in March. I have smoked a Boston Butt, spare ribs and now some wings on it, so I'm still learning, but i think I"m a natural. I have been very pleased with everything I've smoked so far. As far as equipment goes i have a Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker and it has been great. I'm very open to suggestions so if anyone has some must know tips for newbies let 'em fly. oh, and thanks for all the help so far, everyone on here seems to be pretty darn good at smokin!

2. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

3. bigsteve

bigsteve Master of the Pit

4. smokestars

smokestars Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Welcome Aaron...
    Sounds like a plan.....

Don

5. smokestars

smokestars Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

Big Steve!

Thanks for that link.... so many great posts on this forum!!

Don

6. cruizer

cruizer Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome! You will find tons of info here> [​IMG]

7. Thanks Big Steve for the link, i have been looking for mods for my smoker and all i could find were ones for the older model. I will definitely be dong a couple of those mods soon.

8. goodwyne

goodwyne Newbie SMF Premier Member

Glad you joined the forum Arron. I knew you'd like it!

9. grothe

grothe Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard Arron.....nice ta have ya here!

10. Welcome to the board!!!!! Lots od great people and resources here.[​IMG]

11. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hello Arron, and welcome to the best smoking site on Mother Earth, SMF that is. Looks like you're in for some fun this coming summer. It's all good my friend.

12. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Hello Arron and welcome to the SMF family. Glad you joined us. You'll like it here, lots of great people with friendly advice to share just for the askin'. Good luck and smoke on![​IMG]

13. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome Arron! Sounds like you are doing pretty good with the smoke, and it can only get better.
    What kind of wood are you smokin with down there in SC?

14. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Arron welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I'd also like to thank you for your service to our country. You'll find lots of good info here and some great recipes as well. Have fun and happy smoking

15. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF[​IMG] and how lucky can you be to live around so much FRESH seafood[​IMG] I'd be doin' Crab,Shrimps,Oysters, different kinds of fish and doin the munchie thing with that smoker[​IMG]
    Wish I had a cheap supplier for some FRESH seafood.[​IMG] Have to get the Frozen Tozen stuff here in OHiYA(YUK)[​IMG] I use to live in Cen-Tex and 2 hrs. from the coast,plus I knew a couple of buddies with shrimp boats...
    talk about good eatin'[​IMG] Man I miss that.OH, sorry , got caught up in self pitty[​IMG]
    Have fun and
    SMOKE HAPPY[​IMG]

16. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard Arron, nice to have you join the group!

17. I've only used hickory so far but i want to try some others soon.

18. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF, Aaron. Glad you joined us. Thank you for your service. [​IMG]

19. azrocker

azrocker Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum [​IMG]

20. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome Arron, glad ya made it here.