Hello From Central Arkansas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jefftck

Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff, I live in Benton Arkansas, which is about 20 miles west of Little Rock along I-30.

I just purchased a Masterbuilt 30 electric smoker from the new Bass Pro Shop in Little Rock at the Black Friday sale at 5:00am this morning, they had a great sale and I hope it was worth getting up and braving the cold and fellow shoppers, I have a wood burning smoker that I built myself many years ago that worked great "IF" you don't mind nursing it for hours and hours through the entire smoking/cooking process. My new MES (I assume that stands for "Masterbuilt Electric Smoker") did not come with cooking instructions, so that is why and how I found this forum, So far I've seasoned the MES as the directions suggests. and while the new smoker seasoning went to the store of a couple racks of ribs so I could try it out.  

I've read through a couple threads about the times and methods y'all use, so far looks like I've been pretty close to the same with 2-2-1. I found a rub here at a local wood stove store called "Bad Byrons Butt Rub" I tell you it's one of the best store bought Rub's I've ever tried. I am open mind so I will try some new things.

I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques and trying out some new seasonings.

Jeff

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........   Have a brother-in-law who lives in Benton
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky