Hello From Central Arkansas

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by jefftck, Nov 29, 2013.

1. jefftck

jefftck Newbie

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff, I live in Benton Arkansas, which is about 20 miles west of Little Rock along I-30.

I just purchased a Masterbuilt 30 electric smoker from the new Bass Pro Shop in Little Rock at the Black Friday sale at 5:00am this morning, they had a great sale and I hope it was worth getting up and braving the cold and fellow shoppers, I have a wood burning smoker that I built myself many years ago that worked great "IF" you don't mind nursing it for hours and hours through the entire smoking/cooking process. My new MES (I assume that stands for "Masterbuilt Electric Smoker") did not come with cooking instructions, so that is why and how I found this forum, So far I've seasoned the MES as the directions suggests. and while the new smoker seasoning went to the store of a couple racks of ribs so I could try it out.  

I've read through a couple threads about the times and methods y'all use, so far looks like I've been pretty close to the same with 2-2-1. I found a rub here at a local wood stove store called "Bad Byrons Butt Rub" I tell you it's one of the best store bought Rub's I've ever tried. I am open mind so I will try some new things.

I'm looking forward to learning some new techniques and trying out some new seasonings.

Jeff

2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Glad you joined us Jeff, congrats on the MES and :welcome1: from North Dakota!

3. [​IMG]Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........   Have a brother-in-law who lives in Benton

Gary