Hello From BC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tuchodi

Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I have been smoking wild game and fish for a few years with a little chief smoker which became to small as we hunted more and were more successful. We have a 5 HP comercial grinder we bought second hand, a meat band saw and also a hand crank 20 lb sausage stuffer. We are looking for a used meat mixer to do sausage but have not found one yet. Three years ago my partner and I built a smoker that is 6' long 4' wide and 6' high. We made it out of layers of red cedar planks. We installed racks on one end and SS hanging wires for sausage on the other. We built an external smoke generator and used 2 old 220 volt oven heating elements for the heat inside if required which we control by the temperature assy from the oven we tore appart. We are still learning tricks at doing large quantities so I will read everyones posts with interest. Last year we did 400 lbs of sausage all smoked and it turned out great. We use Moose, Elk, Deer, Bear and Buffalo so we have a nice assortment of differant sausages we make.

tuchodi
Welcome to SMF !!!
You sound like a seasoned smoker, I am looking forward to pics of your meat grinder (5hp - WOW !!!) and smoker; it all sounds like a heck of a set up !!!

Welcome to the SMF!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Holy sausage -thats a bit meat, just joined myself . nice to have some other locals on here. I 'll have to get more set up better when I am able to go hunting a bit more

Welcome to the SMF, sounds as if you have your sausage making down to a science. I'm hoping that you will share some of your experiences with us, and the Q Views too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky