hello from a southern country boy in Cali

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bbqist

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 3, 2022
California
Hello ladies and gents! I've been a lurker on here for a while, figured it was time to make my presence official! I'm a Bama boy stuck in the SF bay area, and boy do I miss home! That's what I get for marrying a city girl I guess! I came here to learn and boy have I! I've learned more about smokehouses and sausage making and curing in the last 2 days than in the years I spent over the pandemic amusing myself by "learning" the craft of sausage making from YouTube. Don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff on there, but nothing like the wealth of info I found here! Anyhow, thanks for having me, and keep the good stuff coming! All this talk about smoking que'ing and grilling makes me feel like I'm back home!

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! San Francisco is my hometown, grew up in Redwood City. California is a great place to be from! RAY

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! San Francisco is my hometown, grew up in Redwood City. California is a great place to be from! RAY
Ha! You said it brother! thanks Ray! My name is Ken btw, probably should have mentioned that in my roll call.

Welcome to the forum, neighbor! I used to leave in SF for 13 years but 19 years ago I moved to SF east bay...
Thank you! What city are you in? I'm in Oakland. For now, but not gonna lie, I've been thinking about packing up and moving back to the south.

Welcome to the forums from a Arkansas fan married to a Bama fan and living in Mississippi!
Man if your looking for sausage you fell into the right place. It can be a real sausage fest around here.

Roll Tide!
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Welcome to the forums from a Arkansas fan married to a Bama fan and living in Mississippi!
Man if your looking for sausage you fell into the right place. It can be a real sausage fest around here.

Roll Tide!
Jim
LOL!! It can be a real sausage fest you say?! Thanks Jim, and tell your wife ROLL TIDE!

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome glad to have ya join the fun.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky