Hello friends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lexoutlaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Lexington,KY
hi all!!

im new to this site, but not new to smoking. im always trying new ideas, and looking for more. i am looking forward to swapping stories, ideas, recipes.....

ive recently gotten into cold smoking recently....my project this week, cause it takes a week, bacon!!! ill post pics with progress, im curing it for the next 5 days.

please feel free to gimme any suggestions you might have for me, or just to chat....i have recently landed a job that puts me at a desk more than im used to. so, lots of time on my hands....haha

1_199136886774867_139361086085781_608576_3355547_s.jpg

happy smoking!!!

justin

Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you here. Bacon has been popular around here as of late. Cant wait to see yours done.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF - nice to see ya here with us. Be sure to post up some qview of that bacon and your process

How do you cold smoke?  Have you seen the A MAZE N SMOKER unit yet? Check it out, Todd is one of the sponsors on this site

Last edited:
thanks everyone.....

and yea, i saw the A maze n smoker....and its already been ordered. i should have it today or tomm. and am expecting to use this weekend. im pretty dern excited.  normally i use wood chips in a pot of some sort....and just smolder.

this is my current cold smoker...haha. i know i can use my hot smoker, but this was fun to build. plus, ill be able to do lots of things inside...hams, sausage....

09f8535f_IMG_0230.jpg

so, the bacon got smoked this weekend. i also did some cheese and nuts while at it.

turned out pretty good. i think i need a bigger prob belly next time.

4263442d_IMG_0278.jpg

ready to get started with the AMNS

65035ac2_IMG_0279.jpg

373da7df_IMG_0280.jpg

2cb1a67a_IMG_0282.jpg

nuts done.....smoked for about 3 or 4 hrs. some EVOO and cajun spices mixed in. turned out pretty good

5cbf9471_IMG_0283.jpg

Bacon done...smoked about 6 hrs. taste pretty good. all went well for a first time......had some BLT last night.

pretty easy process....but time is the important factor. next time, ill prob cure longer, and light both sides of the AMNS....id like a thicker smoke. but, the AMNS worked wonderfully...provided constant smoke, and made it soooo much easier. i used hickory btw. i would recommend that lil booger to anyone who likes to smoke.

I am certainly not a bacon expert, but don't you skin the belly before you smoke it?

Last edited:
haha.....yea. it was my first time.....and i wasnt sure about that. i cold smoked it, so it wasnt a big deal to remove. lessons learned right? lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky