Hello, everyone.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokentoke666

Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Hi, I'm SmokeNToke666. I've been lurking on this forum for the last few weeks. My awesome wife grabbed a smoker for me this xmas and I did my first smoke last weekend for the game - it came out great, by the way. I used meowey's basic pulled pork (the sticky) as a baseline. Today, I've made adjustments and I'm trying it again. I'm hooked!

I'm excited to explore all of the different variables that go into smoking meat. My initial interest is in pork and poultry, but I'm sure as I understand more about the smoking process, I believe I will find myself applying elsewhere. I think I ran across a thread about smoked stuffed jalapenos that raised my eyebrow.

The forum is very informative, by the way, and it seems like you guys are all pretty laid back and willing to share interest. I'd love to share my first smoke experience (with some pics!) and my current one and I have some questions about smoking poultry as well. Looking forward to chatting with you guys about it.

Oh, yeah, I live in central Florida and I'm roughly a 35 year-old dude with an awesome wife (see above) and a teenage vacuum cleaner (eating us out of house and home). The smoker I have is an electric Master Forge, a vertical one with a door and :( no window.

Cheers!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the family!  This is a great place to share ideas on all things smoked, cured, grilled, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who really know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky