Hello and Welcome to this group.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am joining the UK Crew at Danny's behest so I can respond to Safety questions and issues. Anything comes up feel free to PM me directly for the fastest response...JJ

I am joining the UK Crew at Danny's behest so I can respond to Safety questions and issues. Anything comes up feel free to PM me directly for the fastest response...JJ
Welcome to the group JJ.

The appropriate handling of food - especially when dealing with the long cooking and relatively low temperatures that we often do on here - is very important. There are several of us on here with experience of, and have qualifications in food safety - so as JJ says please make use of us whenever you are unsure of something that you are trying to do. Although good, safe, food handling is mostly about common sense special care does need to be taken to minimise any problems arising from bacterial growth over long periods of preparation.

Keep smoking - but keep smoking safely, and remember HACCP rules - OK
icon14.gif

Many thanks for the invite Danny, I have been using a drum barbecue and had some good results with slow cooks so decided to order a smoker. My brinkmann should arrive Wednesday. I have been a chef for 25 years so looking forward to combining my skills with the "art" of the smoker. Hopefully I can bring something to the group.
Phil

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Phil. Let us know when it arrives and dont forget to post a couple of photos of your first smokes.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I appreciate it.  I have a brinkmann special Edition and have been smoking for a couple of years and enjoy Hot & Cold Smoking, depending on the weather, but I really enjoy plank cooking. My smoking skills are just a bit better than my computer skills, so bear with me.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the group, I look forward to being part of a friendly and active forum, and hope that I can contribute in any way that I can.

Regards & Best Wishes

Smokewood

Hello and Welcome to the family.  We are an informal Group.  We usually don't mind folks hijacking a thread now and then and we usually don't shy away from taking tha piss quite often.  Don't be surprised if it comes your way.  Just give as good as you get and you'll fit right in.  
duel.gif
  Great bunch of folks!  Personally I think I get picked on cause folks think I talk funny but the Missus says it's not the only reason!  
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  Glad to have you.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

I just got a lump of coal from Danny in my stocking last year . It wasn't even a Heat Bead either!

Hey - thanks for the invite !

I hail from Essex , I have been smoking low and slow for about 6 years now, I got my hands dirty with a barrel bbq and offset coals, before quickly progressing to a COS Landmann tennessse, then onto a Pro Q excel and recently a Weber one touch premium (primarily for direct heat cooking)

I am also making an iPhone app for low and slow cooking :)

Hi Russnettle, Welcome.

The app does sound interesting.  I have the Weber's on the grill app.  It is really good with lots of great tips, guides and recipe's, so it will really be great to have a look.  When will it be available? and how much will is cost?

Smokewood

Last edited:
Hiya Smokin Monkey

The Weber App is great, but I forget to use !!!.  but it's well worth the £1,49 as it gives you shopping lists for everything you need, plus lots of other great things, have a look its worth it.  So it will be interesting and exciting to get a UK app that is geared up to the UK.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Smokewood

REAL MEN USE FIRE AND WOOD!!! Just teasing.I have learned better.  Good "Que" can be made many different ways .I have a new loin cloth since that picture.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hey good to see some interest

The app is going to have a few features, planning smokes, recipes , quick defence guides as well as logs for recording / sharing your cooks.

Hi russnettle, this is right up my street, and a lot more people on this forum!

I have been using apps that are used for Auditing, which you build into it exactly what you want, but a dedicated app is the way to go.

Do you build apps for a living?

Smokin Monkey

Good stuff, I really hope it will be useful, it's certainly been handy for me so far even in its early stages

Yes I am an iOS developer for a living

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky