Hello All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rreub

Original poster
Feb 27, 2007
Well Hello all I,m in Perry Okla.
been smoking for a few years now started with a Oklahoma joes
at the company i woke for and at home we had 10 employees
it got to small. We now have 50+ employees Thur out the year I will cook lunch for all probably like onces a month. in Dec. 06 I catered The company Christmas Party for 160 people that was the biggest party i ever catered.
it turned out great. The next one planned is good Friday going to do steak and lobster with baked potatoes hope they enjoy that for lunch.
Glad to find this sight to get some more ideals.
icon_evil.gif

for got to enclude i now use a 24 inch trailer model that we built with the help of the guy that stated harizon smokers and worked for Oklahoma Joe's

Welcome to the SMF rreub. I'm sure you'll have some interesting posts to share. Bring pics when you smoke, we love to see what's going on.

We'll be having an SMF Gathering at Truman Lake Missouri June 15, 16, &17, we'd love to have you there, just let us know if you'll be coming out.

Keep Smokin

Welcome rreub, glad to have you with us
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Take your camera to work with you when you cook those steaks and oversized crawfish
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif
, we would love to see some pics.

edit - Isn't Perry, Oklahoma the home of Ditch Witch corp?

Welcome Perry -

Bet you've got some good stories, recipes and pictures to share! We have a few catering typea and a few looking to start restaurants maybe you can give them some pointers on cooking for large crowds.

yes ditch witch is in perry that is not were i work

Welcome to the board rreub. What's it like working @ Oklahoma Joe's since they were bought out? Are they still putting out any all welded units like they used to, or are they all bolt up units?

I have seen those Horizon units and suspected that they came from the old Oklahoma Joe's. They look like pretty well made smokers and grills.

Stick around and enjoy yourself, we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Tim

Ido not work for Oklahoma Joe's Iwork for a company called EZ-Drill
Oklahoma Joe's was bought by Brinkmans
some of the employees started Horizon in Perry

Same thing I'm doing in Tulsa 1-3 times a week some weeks.
icon_surprised.gif
Working.
icon_mad.gif
I keep rolling down the windows when I'm around Tulsa to see if I can sniff you or Jeff out and get some free Q. My sensors can't quite get ya'll located though.

Those Horizon smokers are pretty sharp looking units SmkyOky. I have called and talked to them a time or two about a 24" R-D Marshall. It is in my top 2-3 I hope to be able to spring for in the next couple years. I was gonna buy one this spring, but somehow with the new youngun it doesn't seem the responsible and fatherly thing to do at the moment.
frown.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky